Facebook marketing has an awesome set of marketing tools that almost no other platform may offer to you. What we are going to show you is:
- Facebook Pages
- Facebook Groups
- Facebook Apps
- Facebook Events
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Audiences
- Facebook Pixels
A Facebook page refers to a public profile that you create specifically for your business, brand, cause, or any other purpose based on your interests.
Unlike your personal Facebook profile, pages gain fans instead of friends. In this context, a fan on your Facebook page is described as anyone who chooses to like your page.
Here is an exclusive overview of how to create a Facebook page that meets your business interests effectively.
Creating a page
To create a page, start by visiting the pages section on your Facebook profile and click on “Create Page”. Another place to find the page creation interface is by clicking on the little arrow in the top right hand corner.
Choosing a Page Category
You will be required to choose a category for your page. Among the categories currently supported by Facebook include:
- Local business or place.
- Company, organization or institution.
- Brand or product.
- Artist, Band or Public Figure.
- And, Cause or Community.
Once you choose your category, you will be required to choose a more specific category from a drop down menu. Being specific allows Facebook to decide which group of the audience to connect with to help you grow a wide fan base at an incredible speed.
For instance, choosing on the “Local Business or Place” category requires you to narrow down by selecting a category among different choices.
Add a Business or Place Name
Add an official name for your Business or Place. Make it official and elaborate to allow your audience to connect with you easily. I recommend that you carefully select your name since it has a huge impact on your ability to make outstanding sales.
Currently, Facebook has a restriction on changing business names. Therefore, make your selection right by keeping in mind that you might never get the opportunity to change it in the future.
Complete location details and contact information
Facebook requires you to add a street address, city/state, zip code, and phone number where applicable. Add your information carefully since your audience will rely on it to either visit your business premises or call to make an order or inquiry.
Once you have filled in the basic information, click on the ‘Get Started’ button to create your page.
Set Up your Page
Set Up your page by adding information about your business or place, profile picture, and preferred page audience.
Add Categories section
Narrow your page down by providing a more specific category in which your business or place belongs to as illustrated in the figure above.
This section allows you to add a few sentences that tells your audience what your page offers. The description (a maximum of 155 characters) allows your page to show up in the right search results.
Even though it is still possible to add more details to your page later from the Page settings, it is recommended that you do it during the setup process.
Choose a unique Facebook web address
The address will make it easier for people to find your Page. Remember that once you set your web address, it can only be changed once.
After creating a web address for your Page, Facebook will require you to choose whether you’re a business, establishment, or venue (a real building).
Furthermore, Facebook will require you to agree whether your Page will be the authorized and official representation for your establishment, business, or Venue.
You can save your information once you click ‘Yes’ on both sections. But, you have the option to skip this step and add the information at a later time.
Add a Profile Picture
You can add a profile picture by uploading one from your computer or importing from a website. Make sure your profile picture uniquely matches your business, product, or place.
Add to Favorites
You can choose whether to add your new page to the favorites section of your Facebook profile to easily access it anytime.
Preferred Page Audience
This section allows you to tell Facebook the group of people you wish to target. Even though anyone can find your page, Facebook works effortlessly to ensure your page appears to the people who matter the most.
In setting your preferred page audience, you will be required to add your target locations, age, gender, and interests.
In this section, add the countries, states, cities, or ZIP codes where the people you wish to connect with are located. You can choose to either include or exclude certain locations for a more specified audience. Additional metrics for targeting may include showing your page to:
- Everyone in your chosen location.
- People who live in your chosen location.
- People who visited your preferred location recently.
- And People traveling to your chosen location.
Important Note: ZIP and City codes might not be available in all the countries you wish to target.
The section allows you to select the minimum and maximum age of the audience that is likely to find your page relevant.
Choose a specific gender of the people you would like to connect with on your page. You can choose ‘All’ if you have no specific gender to target.
In this section, add the interests of the audience you are targeting. Facebook can help you connect with a specific audience by checking on the activities, interests, pages, and other closely related topics that your target audience likes.
Once you add these details, your page set up process is complete. There are various parts of your page that you might need to familiarize yourself with before using your page.
These sections include:
- Page – Everything you need to manage your Facebook page is available on these tabs.
- Like – A button used for your fans to show support for your page. When people visit your page, they can see how many people support you by checking on the number of likes.
- Messages – You can manage messages from your fans in this section.
- Notifications – Activities on your page will appear here.
- Publishing tools – Provides insights on how to reach a wider audience much more easily.
Other sections may include:
- Create Call to Action.
A Facebook Group is a platform that makes it easier for a specific set of people, teammates, family members, or even coworkers to connect. These platforms often feature dedicated spaces that allow the connected members to share information, updates, documents, photos or even personalized messages.
To create a group, on your homepage, visit the ‘Groups’ section on the left side of your Facebook profile and click on the ‘Create Group’ link.
A pop – up will appear prompting you to fill in the fields required in creating your group. You will be required to come up with a name for your group, determine the members from your friends list that you wish to add in the group, and determine among three levels of privacy you would prefer for your group.
Consider creating a short and memorable name for your Facebook Group. Also, ensure that the name is significant to the purpose of your group and the audience you wish to appeal to. Remember that a Group does not operate like a Facebook Page. While anyone can like a Page, a Group has some privacy controls that can limit who joins the group.
Since a Facebook Group provides a platform for a specific type of audience, it is imperative to add only people that appeal to the purpose of the group. Avoid adding everyone on your friends list if you wish to maintain a definite and discrete conversation within your Group.
Facebook allows you to choose between three privacy options. These include:
- Public – Anyone on Facebook can be able to see the group, its members, and the posts they make.
- Closed – Anyone on Facebook can find the Group, see who is in it, but only the members can see any posts made.
- Secret – Only members of the Group can access it and see posts made.
Choose an Icon
In this section, Facebook requires you to choose an icon for your Facebook Group. Even though this step is not mandatory, it is important to enhance the look of your Group.
Important: Choose an icon that complements the name and objective of your group.
Personalize your Group
Once you have created your Facebook Group, it is time to personalize it and make it more attractive. You can personalize your Group by uploading a photo. Select a photo that closely relates to the identity of your group. This will guide members in determining the main purpose of the Group.
Add Group Information
This section allows you to add a description to your Group. It may also prompt you to add an icon and a cover photo if you did not add one in the earlier stages.
A description of your Group allows you to tell members and any other prospective members about the purpose of your group. Make your description as elaborate as possible to enable your audience to easily understand what you are communicating.
Add to Favorites
Once your Group Information is 100% complete, you can choose to add your Group to the Favorites section of your personal Facebook profile. Adding your Group to the Favorites sections allows you to have easy access to it, without much effort.
Facebook has introduced this new section to allow you to check out the basic tips on how to get members in your group involved. By clicking this button, a document titled ‘FACEBOOK: Tips for Group Admins’ will open. The document includes videos, texts, and pictures on what to do. Some of the tips that you’ll need to engage your audience include:
- Tell your audience the reason you created your Group.
- Highlight some of the text, pictures, or videos you wish to post regularly.
- Always take the time to welcome new members.
- Let members know that they can invite their friends to your Group.
- Allow the Group adequate time to develop and get going.
- Take the time to read comments made by members and leave relevant comments where possible.
- Look for interesting content to post.
- Ask your members questions on what they wish to see covered in the Group.
- Tag people in your posts to attract their attention and encourage conversations.
- Check in with your group at least once per week.
The Dashboard section of your Facebook Group consists of various sections. These include:
- ‘Join’ – Allows new members to join your group. If your group’s privacy is set to ‘Public’, new members will be automatically added to your list of members. However, if the Privacy is set to ‘Closed’, you can choose whether to approve new member requests or allow other group members to approve too.
- ‘Share’ – Allows you and other group members to share the group on your platform or other Facebook channels to encourage more members to join.
- Add people – This section allows you to add new members by searching their Facebook usernames in the search section.
- Manage Group – Allows you to respond to pending posts, member requests or any other request notifications from your Group members.
- Send Message – You can send a message to your Group members.
- Create Event – Facebook now allows you to create and even promote a real event from your Facebook Group. It is so easy! Just click on ‘Create Event’ and Facebook will guide you through the process.
- Edit Group Settings – You can edit different settings such as the Group Name, Icon, Privacy, Membership approvals, web and email addresses, description, tags, posting permissions, and posting approval.
- Discussion – The main section of the Group where posts made by you and your members appear. In the discussion section, you can write a post, add a photo/ video, ask a question or even add a file.
- Members – Check the members in your group from this section.
- Events – The past and future events appear here. If you have not created an event, Facebook will prompt you to create one.
- Photos – Any photos posted on the Group Wall will appear in this section.
Files – Files posted on your wall are stored here.